Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chick Pea & Greek Vinaigrette Salad

Servings: 4

1 serving=
235 calories
32g carbs
7g fat
16g protein
700mg sodium
8g fiber

Ingredients:
8 tbsp Wish Bone- Greek Vinaigrette
1 15.5 oz can Goya- Premium Chick Pea Garbanzos
2 85 g packages HEB- Field Greens Blend
1 cup HEB Natural Cheese- Fat Free Shredded Cheddar
1 carrot stick, chopped
1 cucumber, sliced
24 grape tomatoes

Directions:
Pour your chickpeas in a bowl, rinse, drain, and set aside. Use a cutting board to slice your cucumber into circles, and then slice each circle in fourths. Next, chop your carrot into circles, and slice those into fourths as well. Place your greens in a bowl, top with your carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, chick peas, and cheese. Toss, serve with dressing on the side, and enjoy!


When I first made this salad, I only made one serving, and packed it to go. I found these AWESOME new tupperware containers at Wal*Mart last week, and they're made specifically for salad. Not only does it have a lot of room, but it comes with a fork, and even a container to hold your dressing in. I got a pack of two, which happened to be my two favorite colors as well, for super cheap! I used to rarely bring salads on the go when I would be eating at work, school, out and about, in the car, etc., because I never had a good way to keep it fresh, and clean, while transporting it. Now, I will definitely be packing more salads instead of just having them at home! :)

Happy eating!

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment