One of my favorite parts of being a student at my university during the holidays is being able to go to the Sights & Sounds of San Marcos. I went for the first time last year, and also did the 5K run. Sadly, I won't be able to do the race this year, but last night two of my roommates and I went, and we had so much fun! The only downside is that everything can get a bit expensive, but it's definitely worth it. They have amazing food, tons of fun rides, and between all of the lights, fake snow, decorations, Santa, Christmas movies, and holiday booths, it definitely gets you in the holiday spirit. Here are some of the many pictures we took. :)
The tree :)
Inside the tree :)
Santa!
Lights
The crazy ride we went on...
View from the top of the ferris wheel...SO pretty at night!
Me with Rudolph and two of my roommates, Kayla & Julianna :)
Gingerbread man!
Before we went, I had a new snack to tide me over. When I first heard of putting blue cheese and pears together, I was super skeptical. However, since I had some leftover Laughing Cow wedges, I decided to try it. Well, I had no reason to worry, because it was delicious! This is definitely one of my new favorite snacks. Total, it comes out to 135 calories. :)
Serves: 1
Ingredients:
1 D'Anjou Pear
1 Laughing Cow- Light Blue Cheese Wedge
Directions:
Wash and slice your pear, and use a knife to smear your cheese on the slices. Enjoy! :)
I'm off to workout, and then heading to breakfast and a farmers market with a friend, which I'm super excited for, because there are over 400 vendors! I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! :)
<3 Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment