Sunday, December 9, 2012

Coffee & Math Papers



On Saturday afternoon, my friend, Rubi, and I met up to write our last Modern Geometry paper of the semester. I met Rubi through my teaching block and Modern Geometry class this semester, and she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met! I'll miss having classes with her next semester! She's doing her next teaching block as well, but we are placed at different schools. :( All semester, we've written each of them together, so we were excited that this was our last one. When we first read the prompt, it sounded like it would be our easiest one yet...Boy, were we wrong! We got to the library about noon, and about an hour into our work, all the computers started freezing, running slow, and not working. Perfect timing during finals week, right? If her computer was working, mine would freeze. If my computer was working, her computer was not. The majority of the students left, and eventually we did as well. We each got our laptops, and then met back up at a local coffee shop, Mochas and Javas.

Neither of us had ever been before, but we had a hard time deciding on what to order. After reviewing everything on the menu and still not being able to decide what I wanted, I finally decided on a simple Iced Toddy. Their warm holiday drinks sounded wonderful, but since it's in the 80's...yes, in December...something warm didn't sound too good. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but was super tired from the last couple of days, and wanted something that not only was simple and cheap, but would keep me awake. On the menu, it says "Cold brewed and low acidity coffee (67% less acidity than hot brewed coffee)."

Not only did it keep me awake, but I really liked the flavor of the coffee they used, and the small lasted me about two hours. I ate before I came, but Rubi ordered one of their sandwiches, and it looked delicious! We ended up finishing our papers in about 4 hours, and were so relieved when we were done. We had planned to study for the final as well, but were "mathed out" from the paper, so decided to meet up again in a couple of days. I'll definitely be going back to try some of their other options! :) Plus, I loved the atmosphere, and there was a lot of room for people to study. What are some of your favorite local coffee shops?

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment