Monday, December 24, 2012

Roommate Birthday Dinner

First off, I want to say Happy Birthday to one of the most amazing people I know, my friend, Maricruz. :) I met Maricruz during our senior year of high school, and she's been one of my best friends ever since. She's one of the sweetest, most caring, and selfless people I know, and I'm grateful to have her in my life. Each time we're together it's nonstop laughing, singing, and joking around, and her laugh can make anyone smile. I don't get to see her too often since we live a few hours away from each other, but whenever I do, I treasure it. Love you!


Last night, my friend and I took my roommate out to dinner at one of my favorite local spots, The Gristmill, to celebrate her birthday. Each time I've gone I've never been disappointed, and last night was no different! For my entree, I ordered the grilled chicken, and chose steamed broccoli as my side. I had some BBQ sauce on the side to dip it in, and it was wonderful! I make grilled chicken a lot at my apartment, and pair it with bottled BBQ sauce, but the chicken and sauce they make are much better!


One of the reasons I love The Gristmill is because of the healthy options they provide. I've had a couple of their salads, as well as their grilled chicken breast sandwich, and they've all been great. However, I've also had their onion rings, fries, and cheeseburgers, and they're amazing as well. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu!

And, of course, we had to tell the waitress that it was Alycia's birthday! And even though she didn't want us to, it was worth it, because she got a free dessert! :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

<3 Stephanie


^Alycia, Rachael, & I outside the restaurant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment