Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Turkey Salsa Bowl

I had some leftover cheese I needed to use up, so I decided to experiment with something new, and was inspired by my Turkey Taco Bowl I made awhile back.

Serves: 4

1 serving=
254 calories
18g carbs
2g fat
38g protein
1,126 mg sodium
4g fiber

Ingredients:
1 cup HEB Natural Cheese- Fat Free Shredded Cheddar
6 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 16 oz container Cargill- Honeysuckle White Extra Lean Ground Breast of Turkey- 99% Fat Free
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 pack HEB Taco Seasoning Mix- 30% Less Sodium
12 tbsp Pace Picante Salsa- Medium

Directions:
Use a cutting board to chop your bell pepper and onion, and set aside in a bowl. Next, shred your lettuce in small pieces, and set aside as well. Heat a skillet to high, spray with non-stick spray, and add in your turkey. Using a wooden spoon, separate the turkey into tiny pieces, while pouring in your seasoning a little at a time. Once the turkey is done, turn the stove to low, and add in your bell pepper and onion. Continue to stir for a couple of minutes, and then remove from heat.


Divide your lettuce into four equal servings, and top each serving with 1/4 of your turkey mixture. Serve each with 3 tbsp of salsa and 1/4 cup of cheese on top, and enjoy!



I enjoyed this meal, but not as much as the other version I made awhile back. I think the primary reason was because I didn't have the mango salsa from the farmers market...yum! However, I did enjoy the addition of the bell pepper and onion. :) I made some steamed asparagus as my side, and also drank a lot of water to help with the salsa! I love hot and spicy foods, but I can be a wimp while eating them!


Have a great day!

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment