Saturday, November 3, 2012

Almond Joy Swap

The other day, I had a random craving for an Almond Joy bar. Milk chocolate, coconut, almonds...yum! However, I wanted to find a healthier alternative to satisfy my sweet tooth. I came across something, and decided to make a swap! Instead of an Almond Joy, I enjoyed a Luna bar instead. I've been a fan of Luna for awhile now, but this was the first time I tried the Chocolate Dipped Coconut flavor, and it's definitely a new favorite! Here's how the two compare:

Calories:
Almond Joy= 220
Luna Bar= 190

Calories from Fat:
Almond Joy= 110
Luna Bar= 60

Total Fat:
Almond Joy= 13g
Luna Bar= 7g

Saturated Fat:
Almond Joy= 8g
Luna Bar= 4g

Sodium:
Almond Joy=50mg
Luna Bar= 210mg

Total Carbohydrates:
Almond Joy= 26g
Luna Bar= 25g

Dietary Fiber:
Almond Joy= 2g
Luna Bar= 3g

Sugars:
Almond Joy= 20g
Luna Bar= 11g

Protein:
Almond Joy= 2g
Luna Bar= 9g

Vitamin A:
Almond Joy= 0%
Luna Bar= 20%

Vitamin C:
Almond Joy= 0%
Luna Bar= 20%

Calcium:
Almond Joy= 2%
Luna Bar= 35%

Iron:
Almond Joy= 2%
Luna Bar= 30%


Of course, they don't taste exactly the same, but the Luna bar is very close! Not only do you satisfy your sweet tooth, but you can save some calories, and it has some great nutritious benefits as well.

The next time you want to reach for that candy bar, try to look for a healthier alternative first! However, also remember that it IS okay to have that candy bar every so often! :)

On a different note, I'm SUPER excited, because I got my new cookbook in the mail yesterday! YAY!



<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment