Monday, November 19, 2012

Ginger & Orange Chicken Linguine

Servings: 4
(1 serving= 405 calories)

Ingredients:
12 oz raw chicken breast
1 16 oz bag HEB- Sugar Snap Stir Fry frozen vegetables
4 tbsp Thai Kitchen- Thai Chili & Ginger sauce
1 pack Gourmet Texas Pasta- Szechuan Orange Spice Linguine
Grounded black pepper

Directions:
Cook your pasta according to the package, drain when finished, and set aside to cool. Turn a burner on high, and place a small pot of water with your veggies on it. While waiting for them to cook, use a cutting board and pair of scissors to cut your chicken into small pieces, and sprinkle with pepper. When the veggies are finished, drain the water, and set aside to cool. Using the same burner, grill your chicken in a skillet with non-stick spray. When everything is done, pour your pasta in a serving bowl, and toss with your sauce. Add in your veggies and chicken, toss again, and then divide into 4 equal servings.


I LOVED this dish, and it reminded me of some of my favorite dishes from Pei Wei, but without the extra calories, fat, or sodium. I rarely ever make pasta, but when I came across this flavor at the farmers market, I knew I had to try it. It's a bit higher in calories compared to what I normally make, but you can lower the number by adjusting the ingredients. The pasta package comes with 4 servings, and each serving is 250 calories. The veggies add great nutrients, and the chicken is a great source of protein. In my opinion, it was spicy enough to give it a bit of a kick, but not so spicy to where your mouth was on fire. I served mine with a side of veggies, and it was a great dinner.

Happy eating!

<3 Stephanie

P.S. I came across this video from YouTube yesterday, and it has to be one of the cutest I've ever seen! You'll especially love it if you're a dancer. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment