Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, blog readers! :) This year, I have SO many things to be thankful for, not just today, but every day. My wonderful family, amazing friends, great pets, a college education, good health, and so, so much more. I could go on and on!

This morning, I started off my Thanksgiving by doing a Turkey Trot 5K in Gruene. My dad hasn't run in years, and after I completed my half marathon a couple weeks back, he decided to sign up and do it with me. And, his official time was 33:49! Way to go, Dad! It was great weather, there were over 1,000 runners/walkers, and we had a good time. My official time was 31:27, and even though I had to walk some because of my knee, I still enjoyed it. :) Plus, Santa paid an early visit!


After the race, we came back to the house, and while he recovers on the couch with their cat, Maggie, and watches the Texans game, my step-mom and I are starting to cook, and put up Christmas decorations. Her dad is coming over later, and then we'll have our Thanksgiving meal.

This year our menu is more on the healthy side, and consists of a premade rotisserie turkey from a local store, green beans, bread, and grilled sweet potatoes as our main sides, some cranberry sauce and gravy, and butternut squash soup we made. For dessert, there's pumpkin pie with vanilla cool whip, a variety of cookies, and some Blue Bell ice cream. Sadly, no stuffing or apple pie this year, my two absolute favorites, but still a yummy menu!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day with loved ones, and enjoys some great food!

Gobble! Gobble!

<3 Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment