Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Edamame Hummus Sandwich

I love hummus, and I love edamame. But, putting the two of them together? I was definitely skeptical! My local HEB is expanding into an HEB Plus (yay!), and one of the new things they've starting offering is edamame hummus. I decided to try it, and I was glad I did! I normally don't have chips around, so I wanted to use it with something else instead of as a dip. First thing that came to mind? Sandwich!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
2 slices wheat bread
2 oz deli turkey
2 tbsp HEB- Edamame Hummus
Red bell pepper strips
Green bell pepper strips

Directions:
Smear 1 tbsp of hummus on each slice of bread, top one slice with your bell pepper strips, and top the other with your turkey. Press together, and serve with your favorite side.


Total, the sandwich comes out to be a little over 200 calories, depending on how much bell pepper you use. My bread from Nature's Own was 100 calories for both slices, the turkey I used from Boar's Head was 50 calories for 2 oz, and the hummus was 50 calories for 2 tbsp. Next time, I might try using the stove, or my George Forman, to grill and warm it up a bit. :)

Enjoy!

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment