Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chicken, Feta, Spinach, & Tomato Panini

As you've probably noticed, most of the recipes I've posted involving meat primarily use chicken. A few years back I was a vegetarian for about 2 years, and when I decided to go back to eating meat, I found myself looking to chicken and turkey the majority of the time. For this recipe, I combined a few of my favorite ingredients together to make a panini.

Serves: 1

Ingredients:
2 slices wheat bread
3 oz deli chicken
Baby spinach leaves
1 Roma tomato
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles (I normally use fat free or reduced fat)

Directions:
Cut up your tomato in slices, and then place aside. Using one slice of bread, place some of the spinach leaves on the slice, and then top with the tomato slices. Add another layer of spinach, followed by your chicken. Then, top with your feta and remaining spinach, and place the other slice of bread on top. Lastly, use either a skillet on the stove, or a George Forman Grill, to heat your sandwich.

STOVE: Turn to the stove to medium, about 5-6, and spray with non-stick spray. Use a spatula to flip your sandwich occasionally, and heat until warm and slightly brown
GRILL: Preheat the grill for a few minute, place the sandwich in the middle, and close and lock the lid for about 2 minutes.


Depending on the ingredients you use, as well as the amounts, nutrition will vary. For my sandwich, however, it came out to be about 275 calories. Not only was it delicious, but it's packed with protein, and it's quick and easy to make as well! :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment