Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chicken, Veggies, & Nuts

It's moving day, yay! :) I'm changing apartments today, so after a lot of packing last night, I wanted something quick, yet healthy, for dinner. This recipe is very similar to the stir fry I made a couple weeks back, but I changed up the ingredients a bit.

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
3 oz raw chicken breast
1/2 package (2 1/2 cups) HEB- Brocolli Stir Fry
2 tbsp La Choy- Original Stir Fry Sauce/Marinade
1 100 calorie pack Emerald- Natural Walnuts & Almonds
Lemon juice
Grounded black pepper

Directions:
Turn your stove on low, 2-3, and spray a skillet with non-stick spray. Pour your veggie mix into the skillet, sprinkle lemon juice on top, and let it cook for a few minutes. Using a cutting board, cube your chicken into small pieces. Sprinkle black pepper on the chicken, add it to the skillet, and change the stove to high, 8-9. When finished, transfer everything to a bowl, add in your sauce, stir, and top with the nuts.


Originally, I was going to make a side of steamed asparagus, but the cooking utensils I needed were already packed. So, I settled for a favorite side of baby carrots and a glass of water. This was super easy to make, and came out to 305 calories. I love all of the different vegetables, and it's definitely become one of my favorites as a "go-to" meal. :) Next time, I might try pork and peanuts instead. Enjoy!

<3 Stephanie

2 comments: