Sometimes, you have to resort to eating out, picking up fast food, etc. However, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be unhealthy! Last night I felt super tired, was out of groceries to make dinner at home, and wasn't planning on going to the store until the next day. So, I remembered the Which Wich gift card in my wallet, and decided to pick something up for dinner.
Normally, I always get one of my few favorite sandwiches there. However, regardless of how many healthy ingredients you put in them, your sandwich will end up having a huge amount of carbs, as well as sodium. This time, however, I decided to try their bowl instead of the sandwich.
I chose a spinach bowl with pork tenderloin, caramelized onions, feta cheese, and honey mustard dressing. Just by replacing the bread with spinach, I saved myself 236 calories, 600g sodium, and 51g carbs, and it tasted just as great without the bread! Next time, I'll definitely be going for the bowl again.
Another thing I love about Which Wich is that you can view their nutrition information online, so you can build your meal ahead of time. So, when I got my salad, I decided to treat myself to one of their Rice Krispy treats for 180 calories. I try to keep my normal daily treat around 200 calories or so, and it was delicious. :) I paired my salad with a side of baby carrots and glass of water, and overall, it was a very satisfying and low calorie meal.
Next time you have to eat out or pick up fast food, look at your options! It IS possible to have a healthy meal! :) Happy weekend!
<3 Stephanie

that's crazy, it sounds so gourmet! I might make that for myself at home sometime. hooray for which wich!
ReplyDeletei was surprised! :) let me know if you do!
ReplyDelete