Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hummus Soft Tacos

It's the end of the week, you're not going to the grocery store until the next day, and you're left with minimal choices for dinner. I didn't want to order in, resort to fast/frozen food, etc, so I decided to improvise with some ingredients I already had. As a result, I ended up with a delicious new favorite.

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
3 tortillas La Tortilla Factory-Smart & Delicious Fiber & Flax- Corn Tortillas
Baby spinach leaves
3 tbsp Sabra- Spinach & Artichoke Hummus
1 slice HEB- Deluxe Swiss Slices
3 oz Boar's Head- Boneless Oven Roasted Chicken Breast

Directions:
Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, and turn your stove to high (8-9). Take each torilla, and put 1/3 of the chicken, cheese, and spinach in each, and set aside your hummus for later. When the skillet is ready, cook one torilla at a time for about 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and the tortilla browns a bit on the outside. When finished, set aside on a plate to cool. Once all tortillas are done, place 1 tbsp of hummus in each taco, while they're still warm, and let the hummus melt a bit.

For one full serving, 3 tacos, it comes out to 434 calories, 34g protein, and 15g fiber. I loved all of the flavors together, and I especially loved the high protein level for the meal. Serve with a side of carrots, and enjoy! :)



<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment