Friday, August 31, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

I'd love to make a homemade version of butternut squash soup, however, the Campbell's one was delicious! I prefer to cook most of the time, but sometimes you have to resort to pre-made, frozen, and packaged meals, because you're short on time, on a budget, or have a long night of studying ahead of you, etc. However, I pay close attention to what I buy. Not only are some of the choices packed with calories, but a lot of sodium as well. A lot of people resort to fast food or ordering in, which is okay occasionally. However, not only is it more expensive in the long run, but some places don't offer healthy options. I paired my soup with a wheat baguette, as well as a side of steamed asparagus, and it was a great meal that took little time to prep.

Serves: 1

Ingredients:
1 pack Campbell's Bisque- Golden Butternut Squash Soup
1 Bake At Home- Wheat French Roll
5 asparagus stalks, chopped

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350, and place your baguette on the center rack for 10 minutes. While the roll is in the oven, turn on two burners to medium, about 5-6. Use two small saucepans and place your soup in one, and water and your chopped asparagus in the other. Cook your soup according to the package, and cook your asparagus until ready, depending on how you like yours.



Enjoy! :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment