Monday, August 13, 2012

Saturday Night Dinner & Dessert

I had a wonderful weekend out of town, and enjoyed seeing some family, my pets, and multiple good friends. It's always nice to go home every so often, but it's always good to be back at your own place as well. :) On Saturday night, we went to Whole Foods to pick up some stuff for dinner, and I got to make a salad. I wish all grocery stores had a salad bar like this, because it's AMAZING! You design your entire salad, weigh it, and that's it! They have so many options to choose from, so I had a little bit of everything! It was filling, delicious, and had a huge variety of taste!


My salad included spinach leaves, grilled chicken, broccoli, bell pepper strips, hard boiled egg pieces, edamame, chickpeas, feta crumbles, small tomatoes, shredded carrots, onion slices, and balsamic vinaigrette.  For dessert? We went to Sprinkles! For those of you who have never been...it's AMAZING! I got their S'mores cupcake, and it was literally the best cupcake I think I've ever had. I hadn't been there in at least a year or so, and my taste buds were satisfied!



Day to day, I try to be pretty healthy and have a small treat each night, but, I also remind myself that every so often, a Sprinkles cupcake, having a pizza night with friends, or going out for ice cream and stuff is okay! I don't do it everyday, and you can't enjoy a healthy lifestyle without some of your favorites every so often...especially with loved ones! It's all about finding balance. :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment