Saturday, August 25, 2012

"How Do You Roll?"

I had driven by How Do You Roll? a couple times, and after checking out their website, finally decided to give them a try with my friend, Taylor. I'm not a seafood fan, and pretty much the only kind I'll eat is shrimp. However, their menu has so many options, and I loved it!

Before going, I played around with their nutrition calculator online, and planned out my roll ahead of time. Here's the nutrition for the 10 piece roll I got:

Wrap: Modern Soy
Rice: White
Fillings: Mango, Pineapple, Mandarin Oranges
Meat: Chicken
Sauce: Teriyaki

Calories: 343
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 734mg
Carbs: 66g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 17g




I try not to go out to eat a lot, not only to be healthier, but to save money as well. However, this is definitely a new favorite spot for a healthy outing. Plus, they have such a huge variety that it can please everyone!

After lunch, we went to walk at a local park since I'd never been. It was a hot day, so we only went for 45 minutes, but it's always nice to escape into nature for awhile. I met Taylor last semester in our Adolescent Growth & Development class, and I'm so glad I did. She's super sweet, loves running and animals as much as I do, and she's always fun to be around. Plus, she's also an education major, and loves "The Lorax" as well. :) Love you, Taylor!





Have a wonderful weekend!

<3 Stephanie

2 comments: