Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cinnamon & Banana Pancakes

I recently came across this blog, and immediately fell in love! One of the recipes I knew I had to try was this one. I made a few modifications based off ingredients I had, and they turned out wonderful! For breakfast, I normally like to go with something quick and easy, so this was definitely a change.  Plus, I was skeptical on how "pancakes" would turn out with ingredients like oats and cottage cheese! While cooking, this song came to mind, so I decided to play it while making them...resulting in a lot of dancing and singing as well! :)

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
1/2 cup HEB- Old Fashioned Oats
1 HEB Large Brown Egg- All Natural- Cage Free
1 banana (cut in half)
1/4 cup HEB- Low Fat Cottage Cheese
McCormick Ground Cinnamon
Maple Grove Farms- Sugar Free Syrup

Directions:
Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, and turn your stove to high (8-9). In a bowl, crack your egg, and add in your oats and cottage cheese. Put 1/2 of your banana into the bowl, and use a spoon to mash. Lastly, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, and mix all together. The mix won't look like regular pancake batter, but I promise, it's not supposed to! Spoon the batter out like you would for normal pancakes, I made mine into 3 pancakes, and flip every so often. When finished, set on a plate, top with the other 1/2 of your banana, and drizzle with syrup.



These pancakes were AWESOME! Before adding on syrup, the entire recipe comes out to 370 calories. I used a little over 1/4 cup of syrup for mine, but I have really small plates, so I'll be using less next time! I'll definitely be making these again, and can't wait to try different versions. Next time, I'm thinking blueberry, dark chocolate, or something with nuts. Have a great weekend! :)

<3 Stephanie

2 comments: