I know a lot of students who love burritos, especially from places like Chipotle, Freebirds, Taco Cabana, or Taco Bell. Not only are they convenient, but they taste pretty good, and fit your budget as well. However, most of them are loaded with extra calories and sodium. I decided to try my own version of a burrito at home, and came out with this.
Servings: 3
Ingredients:
12 oz raw chicken breast
1 container (2.5 cups) HEB Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
3 Best Life- Multi Grain with Flax Flatouts
1 Hass avocado
1 can (1 1/2 cups) Sun Vista- Black Beans- No Salt Added
Directions:
Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, and cook your chicken on the stove until done. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, and prepare the beans according to the directions on the can while waiting. After the chicken has cooled, take a fork, place the chicken on a cutting board, and shred. Place the chicken aside, and use the cutting board to cut your avocado into 3 equal pieces. Take 1 avocado section for each wrap, and spread. Next, take 1/3 of the beans for each wrap, and place them on top of the avocado. Divide the chicken into 3 equal servings, and place on top of the beans for each wrap, gently using a fork to press the chicken down and flatten the wrap. Lastly, add 1/3 of the lettuce to each wrap, roll up, and serve.
Next time, I think I might add or swap ingredients like corn, salsa, tomatoes, rice, or shredded cheese. Each serving contains 422 calories, 13g of protein, and 373g of sodium, and even though it's definitely not as good as some burritos I've had in the past, I was definitely satisfied. Enjoy! :)
<3 Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment