Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Red, White, Blue...and GREEN!
Happy Independence Day! In honor of today, I decided to use my first post to share a recipe that not only includes a lot of reds, whites, and blues, but tons of greens! Salads are always a great option, because they're quick and easy, you can make them for one or many people, and there are endless varieties!
Panera has always been one of my favorite places to eat, and sadly, there are no locations near my apartment. Every time I'm in a city with one, I try to get my fix. My inspiration for this recipe came from Panera's "Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken" salad, and it turned out well!
Makes:
1 serving
Ingredients:
3 cups (1 package) Dole- Spring Mix Salad
1/8 cup Kraft feta cheese crumbles
1 cup halved strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1/2 plum
2 tablespoons All Natural Almond Accents- Original Oven Roasted
3 tablespoons Ken's Fat Free Raspberry Pecan Dressing
The nutrition information will vary based on what you use, but for me, it came out to 368 calories. It made a big serving, and definitely filled me up! I had mine with a glass of water, and added a side of baby carrots as well. Next time, I think I'll use less dressing, exchange the plum for a peach, and top the salad with grilled chicken.
Enjoy!
<3 Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

looks yummy! im so glad you are doing this! :]
ReplyDeletethanks, maricruz! :)
Delete