Monday, July 16, 2012

Pumpkin & Spinach Pasta

"Do you like pumpkin?" Ask me that as a little girl, and I would say no. However, as I've gotten older, I've come to like more recipes with pumpkin in them. One of my favorites? Pumpkin cheesecake! So, when I saw this pasta at HEB, I knew I had to try it! I had some leftover sauce and spinach at the time, so combined the three, and wound up with this.

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Cheesy Ragu- Light Parmesan Alfredo
Baby spinach leaves
1 container HEB Central Market- Pumpkin Mezze Lune

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, drain, and transfer to a clean serving bowl. Mix in the sauce, and set the bowl aside. Take your spinach leaves and tear them into small pieces, mix in with the pasta and sauce, and serve.


I didn't know how the dish would turn out once I had finished, but I loved it! Each serving came out to 440 calories and 16g of protein. Next time I want to try using pesto instead of the sauce, or maybe adding in some mixed vegetables along with the spinach. Happy eating! :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment