I'm no stranger when it comes to Pinterest, and I've gotten a lot of my food ideas from the site. I came across this recipe awhile back, and finally got around to trying it. I've said before that I'm a fan of pizza, but sometimes it can be hard to make it healthy. However, this recipe does just that!
Serves: 1
Ingredients:
1 1/2 HEB organic zucchini (3 halves)
1/2 cup Barilla- Basilico Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup HEB Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
10 slices HEB turkey pepperoni
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Before cutting your zucchini, make sure to wash them well. Cut your zucchini in half, lengthwise, and place in the oven on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. While your zucchini are in the oven, measure out your other ingredients. When the zucchini are done, spread the sauce, cheese, and pepperonis among each half. Return the zucchini in the oven on the cookie sheet, and cook another 8 minutes. When finished, let them cool for at least 5 minutes, transfer to them to a plate, and serve.
At first I was a bit skeptical about this recipe, but I loved it! The recipe comes out to 241 calories, 28 grams of protein, and only 6 grams of fat. I enjoyed mine with a side of baby carrots, a hard boiled egg, and a glass of water. I will definitely be making this recipe again, but next time I think I might try using pesto instead of sauce, and grilled chicken and veggies instead of turkey pepperoni. Enjoy! :)
<3 Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment