I definitely have a sweet tooth, and each night I like to have a small treat. Occasionally, I'll go out and get frozen yogurt, a DQ blizzard, etc. with friends, but most of the time I like to keep my daily treat cheap, delicious, semi healthy, and around 200 calories or under. This week, however, I decided to change it up a bit, and try the HEB dispensers with natural and organic foods. I went to the grocery store on Thursday, and these are some of the treats I decided to get for the week. :)
1) SunRidge Farms- Vanilla Orange Almonds
2) SunRidge Farms- Vanilla Star Cookies
3) SunRidge Farms- Dark Mini Malt Balls
4) SunRidge Farms- Cinnamon Star Cookies
5) Breadshop's Natural Foods- Animal Cookies
6) Luna Bar- Lemon Zest
1) These are great because not only is the flavor delicious, but almonds are great for you! Plus, they're only 150 calories for 20 of them, contain 4g of protein, and I paid only $0.49 for the serving.
2) I grew up loving cookies like Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and Mother's Circus Animal Cookies, but when it comes to those, my willpower to only have 1 or 2 is pretty small. I decided to try these because they're only 140 calories for 8 of them, contain 2g of protein, and I paid $0.35 for 1.5 servings.
3) Out of all of the treats I got this week, these are definitely my favorite. I love Whoppers, and these are definitely the best swap for them. They're called "mini" malt balls, but they're actually pretty big! Plus, they're made of dark chocolate, definitely a plus, and you can you get 2g protein from 1 serving. One serving of 20 balls is only 180 calories, and I paid $0.56 for the serving.
4) Along with the vanilla cookies, I decided to try the cinnamon. They have raspberry and peanut butter as well, so next time I might try those. These are also 140 calories for 8 of them, contain 2g of protein, and cost me $0.31 for 1.5 servings.
5) I originally didn't have these animal cookies in my cart, but as I was leaving, they caught my eye because of how low calorie and cheap they were. One serving contains only 120 calories, has 2g of protein, and each serving has 15 cookies. I got 20 cookies for only $0.19, so I definitely plan on stocking up on these the next time I go to HEB.
6) I've always loved these nutrition bars, and decided to try a new flavor this week. One bar is only 180 calories, contains 9g of protein, and makes me feel like I'm eating a candy bar. HEB always has deals on them, so I love changing out the flavors each time I go.
Have a great weekend!
<3 Stephanie

No comments:
Post a Comment