Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad

I was craving Panera's BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad the other day, and decided to make my own version using what I had lying around. I would've just gone to Panera and treated myself, but sadly, there's no Panera close to me! :(

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
4 cups baby spinach
3 oz raw chicken breast
2 tbsp Kraft- Honey BBQ sauce
1/2 cup HEB- Vacuum Packed Whole Kernel Corn

Directions:
Using your stove, turn one burner to low (3-4), and one burner to high (8-9). Fill a small pot with water 3/4 of the way, cook your corn on the low burner for about 10 minutes, and drain the water when finished. Using the high burner, cook your chicken until done. Place your spinach leaves in a bowl, and toss in the corn. Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut up your chicken into small pieces, and add in the salad. Lastly, measure out 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce, and mix in with your salad. Serve with a side of steamed asparagus and glass of water, and enjoy!


Of course my recipe wasn't as good as Panera's, but, I was short on a lot of ingredients. However, the salad was great, and it took care of my Panera craving. :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment