Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chicken & Apple Sausage

I saw this sausage at the grocery store, and knew I had to try it. The only problem? I had NO idea what to use it for! So, I came with up this dish.

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup HEB frozen corn (not buttered)
1 link- Applegate Organics- Chicken & Apple Chicken Sausage
1 4.4 oz container- Uncle Ben's Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice

Directions:
Take out a small pot, fill about halfway with water, and pour in your corn. Turn on the stove to medium, about 5-6, and let your corn cook for about 10 minutes. While waiting, use a cutting board to cut your bell pepper into small pieces, and to slice your sausage in circles. When the corn is ready, drain the water, and set aside. Take out a skillet, spray it with non-stick spray, and turn the stove to high, about 8-9. Cook your sausage for a few minutes, until it starts to brown, and then turn the stove back to medium, about 5-6. Continue stirring, and gradually add in your bell pepper. After a few minutes, turn the stove to low, about 2-3, and add in your corn. Let the mix sit for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, and cook your rice according to the directions on the container.

When all is ready, pour half of your rice into a bowl, top with half of the sausage, pepper, and corn mixture, and then pour the other half of your rice on top, followed by the rest of your mixture. Let it cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!



I served mine with a glass of water, as well as a side of steamed green beans, and it was a wonderful meal. I was surprised by how much I loved the sausage, and I can't wait to use it again. Maybe next time I'll even try using it as a pizza topping! Happy eating! :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment