Sunday, October 21, 2012

Airport Breakfast

Sadly, all good things must come to an end...which meant that it was time to say goodbye to Colorado, and head back to Texas. We left at 4:30 in the morning to head to the airport, so we stopped at a 24 hour local coffee shop, the Alley Cat, to get something to wake us up. We had coupons to use for our drinks, and even thought it was cold outside, I decided on a simple iced coffee with soy milk. Iced coffee is always a great choice, especially for a lower calorie option, and soy milk is good the for the extra nutrition, as well as taste, and a lower calorie sweetener. Plus, I ended up getting mine for free...even better! :)

By the time we reached the airport and said our goodbyes, it was a little after 6:00. I was hungry for breakfast, and was on the search for a healthy/cheap option, such as cereal or oatmeal, and a banana. However, everywhere I found was either not open, or didn't have many healthy options available. I didn't want to settle for breakfast tacos, McDonald's, a huge bakery muffin, or a pastry, so I went to multiple places. After multiple attempts, I couldn't even find a banana! I would've settled for just a granola bar or apple, but knew it would be a long time before I made it home and would eat again. Finally, I decided on a bagel and fruit cup from Einstein's.



I've eaten at Einstein's many times in the past, so I know most of their basic nutrition information for their bagels and spreads. I normally get a honey whole wheat bagel with honey almond spread, or a blueberry bagel with light original cream cheese, but since their pumpkin bagel is only available at certain times, I chose the pumpkin bagel with honey almond spread. The fruit cup included a lot of my favorites, and had strawberries, red grapes, melon, and pineapple.

I ended up making a good choice with breakfast, because my flight was delayed an hour, and I wasn't hungry again until we right before we landed. Airports, and vacations in general, can be difficult to make healthier choices. But, if you plan ahead, take some time, and listen to yourself, it's possible! What are your favorite bagels/spreads? :)

Have an awesome day!

<3 Stephanie

P.S. I apologize for all of the Colorado posts, but this is the last one! Tomorrow, it's back to recipes/cooking posts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment