On Thursday night, my dad came into town to treat me to dinner. He let me choose, so I went with one of my local favorites, The Root Cellar Cafe & Brewery! I've had multiple dishes there, and I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. However, I decided to go with one of my favorite salads.
I ordered the Big House Salad, which included mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, parmesan cheese, and croutons. You can pick between grilled chicken,shrimp, tilapia, or steak for your topping, so I chose grilled chicken. For homemade dressings, your choices are blue cheese, dijon vinaigrette, tangy vinaigrette, raspberry vinaigrette, creamy herb, and caesar. So, I went with the dijon vinaigrette, and was not disappointed!
My dad ordered the Prosciutto and Asparagus Risotto, which included creamy risotto, grilled prosciutto, asparagus tips, and parmesan cheese. I didn't try any, but it looked great!
Afterwards, since my dad treated me to dinner, I decided to treat him to dessert. Another one of my favorite local spots in San Marcos is Rhea's Ice Cream! The first time I was introduced to this place was when my sister was a student at my university, and I was visiting her. I didn't know what to think at first, since one of the best selling flavors was Maple Bacon! However, it's definitely some of the best ice cream I've ever had!
Yesterday, some of her flavors included Banana Pudding, Circus Animal Cookie, S'mores, Caramel Sea Salt, as well as eight others. It was a tough decision, but my dad went with a scoop of Banana Pudding, and I went with the S'mores. To no surprise, they were wonderful!
My dad ordered the Prosciutto and Asparagus Risotto, which included creamy risotto, grilled prosciutto, asparagus tips, and parmesan cheese. I didn't try any, but it looked great!
Afterwards, since my dad treated me to dinner, I decided to treat him to dessert. Another one of my favorite local spots in San Marcos is Rhea's Ice Cream! The first time I was introduced to this place was when my sister was a student at my university, and I was visiting her. I didn't know what to think at first, since one of the best selling flavors was Maple Bacon! However, it's definitely some of the best ice cream I've ever had!
Yesterday, some of her flavors included Banana Pudding, Circus Animal Cookie, S'mores, Caramel Sea Salt, as well as eight others. It was a tough decision, but my dad went with a scoop of Banana Pudding, and I went with the S'mores. To no surprise, they were wonderful!
It was a great night with my dad, and it didn't stop there. After, my friend Lo and I watched "Hocus Pocus" while making Halloween treats for the teachers at the elementary school we're working with this semester. Thanks to the amazing Pinterest, she found some cute ideas! First, we made spiders out of giant marsh mallows and pretzel sticks. Yes, they only have 6 legs each...however, we couldn't fit 8 on each, so as a joke, we call them our ant spiders instead. Next, we made witch brooms out of miniature Reeses PB cups and pretzel sticks. The idea, as well as making them, is so simple, but they came out so cute!
Have a great day! :)
<3 Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment