Just like
this soup, I would LOVE to make a homemade version. However, since I only cook for one, am short on time some days, shop on a budget, and haven't found a recipe I like yet, I sometimes settle for something that's already made. When I have more time, find a recipe, and get more ingredients, I'll definitely try...especially when it starts cooling down outside! For the soup, I had a can of Amy's Organic Black Bean Vegetable, and paired it with a whole wheat, toasted, French roll. I added some baby carrots on the side, and it was quick, easy, and satisfying. Whenever I have to resort to a quick meal, I try to stray away from a lot of the frozen stuff. A lot of the options have tons of sodium, and I've discovered that most don't fill me up. There are a couple I've found that will work, and still taste great, but I only get them when needed. This meal, however, was a winner. :)
<3 Stephanie
P.S. Here is one, of many, pictures from my short, but great, time at my aunt's this weekend. I loved getting to see her, and of course, all the animals as well! These two kittens were SO adorable, and you can't tell very well from the picture, but they have too many toes on their paws!
No comments:
Post a Comment