Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Nutrition Bars
Well...almost all of them are nutritious! ;)
I allow myself a treat each day, so one week I decided to get 6 nutrition bars, and splurge on 1 candy bar. Kit Kats have always been my favorite chocolate bar, and every Halloween, they'd be the first to disappear from my trick-or-treat bag. So, every so often, I let myself have one. As far as the nutrition bars go, Clif, Luna, and Nugo are my top 3 brands.
For the Clif bar this week, I decided to try one I haven't had before, so chose the Gary's Panforte, which has a variety of fruits, nuts, and spices. It's packed with flavor, as well as protein, and has a good amount of fiber as well. The only downside to Clif bars is that they can be a bit higher in calories compared to other nutrition bars, normally averaging about 240-260 or so.
For the Luna bars, I decided on the Lemon Zest, Caramel Nut Brownie, and Peanut Honey Pretzel flavors. These nutrition bars are great for women, and the flavors are awesome! The Lemon came out to 180 calories and 9g of protein, the Caramel was 180 calories and 8g of protein, and the Honey came out to 190 calories and 9g protein. Because they're lower calorie, they're a bit smaller than other nutrition bars, but they're the perfect nutritious treat when you have a sweet tooth.
Last but not least, for the Nugo bars, I chose my 2 favorite flavors. The Peanut Butter Cup was 205 calories, and has 10g of protein, and the Chocolate Chocolate Chip has 200 calories, and 10g of protein as well. The great thing about these is not only are they made with dark chocolate, but they're vegan friendly, too!
What are some of your favorite candy and nutrition bars? :)
<3 Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment