Monday, October 15, 2012

Rainbow Restaurant

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I apologize for not posting these last few days, but I had an AMAZING time in Colorado. Between great food, almost 9 miles worth of hiking, beautiful scenery, nice weather, and a wonderful friend, it was a spectacular trip. These next few days I'll be posting some pictures from our adventures, as well as some of the places and things we ate. For my first entry, I've decided to do our lunch at Rainbow Restaurant.

On Friday, we had breakfast at the dining hall on campus, and then I explored some of campus while she went to class. After, she showed me some more around campus, and then we walked around Fort Collins. We visited some shops, and enjoyed exploring. Below, we decided to be our typical, goofy, selves, and imitate one of the newest statues in the area.



One of the problems when Maryanne and I get together is that we're both very indecisive. So, when you put two indecisive people together, especially when it comes to food...you have a problem! It literally took us over 20 minutes to decide what each of us would order, but no matter what, I think anything on the menu would've been a great choice.

I decided on one of their salads, and I definitely was not disappointed! I also sampled some of Maryanne's food, and it was wonderful as well. My salad consisted of spinach, croutons, red onions, cucumber, apple slices, chopped tomato, hard boiled eggs, feta crumbles, and black olives. I got grilled chicken as my topping, and asked for balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I'm not very picky when it comes to salad, but I will say, this was definitely one of my favorites! Some of the ingredients I never would've put together myself, such as mixing apples and olives, but it was great. Not only was it delicious, but it was nutritious as well, and I think it fit the name of the restaurant very well, because it was SO colorful! I definitely plan to make my own version of this at home...and soon! :)


<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment