Saturday, October 20, 2012

Beau Jo's

After an incredible, but exhausting, day of hiking, we were ready for some good food! Because of all the hiking, and since it was my last night, we decided to go to one of Maryanne's favorite local pizza places...Beau Jo's!

I don't eat pizza too often, and it had been months since I had any. However, because of all the hiking, and since it was our last night together, I decided to treat myself. Because we're very indecisive, we had a difficult time deciding what to order. Eventually, we decided to split one of their specialty mountain pies, and each get our own half. Pretty much everything on the menu sounded delicious, so I think we would've made a good choice no matter what we decided on!

We ordered a honey whole wheat crust, Maryanne chose the Italian Chicken, and I chose the Mama Mia. The Italian Chicken included a roasted garlic cream sauce, smoked provolone, Danish fontina, and grated parmesan cheese, and was topped with Italian-seasoned chicken breast, scallions, and mushrooms. The Mama Mia included their pizza sauce and whole milk mozzarella cheese, and was topped with chicken breast, scallions, roma tomatoes, and Italian seasonings.


By the end of dinner, the entire pizza was gone. I'm normally full after two slices or so, but we were so hungry from all of the hiking! We each had half, but sampled one slice from the other one's choice. I loved the Mama Mia, but the Italian Chicken was wonderful as well!  It's hard to go wrong with any kind of pizza, but pizza from a local place is always the best choice.

One of the things Maryanne told me they're known for is dipping your crust into honey as a dessert. I was skeptical at first, but  it was delicious! Overall, the pizza loving part of me, as well as my sweet tooth, were very pleased. After our pizza, we spent the rest of the night relaxing at her dorm, and letting our bodies rest. It was a wonderful day, and ended with wonderful food. :)

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment