While browsing one of my favorite recipe blogs awhile back, I came across this recipe. I've been wanting to find a new recipe to use for my crockpot recently, and when I saw how this included pumpkin, I knew I had to try it! I used to hate anything with pumpkin growing up, but over time, I've developed a liking for it. I modified the recipe a bit based off my budget, taste, and since I would only be cooking for one. I got it down to as little sodium as I could per serving, but compared to a lot of canned options, it's not too bad! Plus, this recipe is packed with protein! So, here is the modified version I came up with.
Servings: 4
1 serving=
288 calories
33g carbs
2g fat
37g protein
1,123mg sodium
14g fiber
Ingredients:
2 cups HEB- Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1 16 oz container Cargill- Honeysuckle White Extra Lean Ground Breast of Turkey- 99% Fat Free
1 cup Del Monte- Fresh Cut Sliced Carrots
1 3/4 cup Bush's Best- Great Northern Beans
8 tbsp Hill Country Fare- Diced Green Chiles- Mild
1 cup Del Monte- Fresh Cut Leaf Spinach
1 2/3 cup Libby's- 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 tbsp McCormick- Cumin Seeds
1 tsp McCormick- Oregano
Directions:
Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, and heat your stove to high. While waiting, gather all of your ingredients, and set aside. Add your turkey and cumin to the skillet, and cook until done. While cooking your turkey, make sure to break it apart into small pieces. When finished, place the turkey in the crockpot. After, drain and rinse your beans, carrots, spinach, and chiles, and add to the crockpot. Finally, add in your chicken broth, pumpkin, and oregano, and stir together. Cover, and then place the crockpot on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours, making sure to check and stir it every so often. Enjoy the wonderful smell that fills your kitchen while it's cooking, and try to resist until it's finished! Enjoy! :)
Before:
After:
<3 Stephanie

.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment