Neither of us ate our apple at dinner the night before, so we used those as our pre-hike fuel. We got to the top in a little under an hour, since we were in a race against the clock, and just made it in time. The first part of the hike was a bit difficult because of the dark, but Maryanne had a head lamp, and had done the hike before. The second part was difficult as well, but mainly because of the higher altitude, as well as all of the rocks. However, despite how tired we were, it was SO worth it. A sunrise is always a beautiful thing to see, but from the top of a mountain, in Colorado, with one of your best friends... it's INCREDIBLE. I apologize for all of the pictures, but it was just so beautiful!
After our hike, we were ready for breakfast! We went to the dining hall, and had a wide variety to choose from. I normally would reach for cereal and fruit for breakfast, but since we were doing another hike later in the day, I decided on something else instead to keep me full, provide extra protein, and help boost my energy.
For my omelet, I asked for green bell pepper, diced tomatoes, and a small serving of shredded cheese. For my sides, I chose a banana, as well as a few pieces of melon, and some red grapes. For my drink, I chose water to help keep me hydrated. After breakfast, we decided to go back to the dorm to take a power nap before our next hiking adventure. It was a wonderful morning, and the afternoon made it even more amazing! :)
<3 Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment