Friday, September 7, 2012

Dad, Dinner, & Dessert

Every so often, my parents will come in town and treat me to a meal out. A few weeks back my dad came in, and we went to one of my favorite local places for dinner. I've tried something from each of their breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus, and I've never been disappointed. The majority of the time I go out and order a house salad, I'm not too impressed. However, their house salad is one of my favorites.


The salad includes fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, parmesan cheese, and croutons. You can add on grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, or tilapia, so I opted for the grilled chicken. For homemade dressings, you have your choice of blue cheese, dijon vinaigrette, tangy vinaigrette, raspberry vinaigrette, creamy herb, or caesar. I decided on the dijon vinaigrette, and asked for the dressing on the side.

It's always nice to have healthy options when you eat out, and it's even better when they taste so great, too! Afterwards, we went to another favorite local place of mine...Rhea's Ice Cream! She always makes amazing ice cream, and has a huge variety of flavors, including Maple Bacon! I've never had the courage to try it, but everyone I know who's had it only had wonderful things to say about it. After sampling a few, it was a tough decision, but I finally went with the S'mores flavor. Mmmm!


It was a great night out filled with great food, but an even better dad. :) Have an awesome day!

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment