For awhile, I've been trying to come up with ideas to use my fruit preserves in something other than breakfast. So, I came out with this:
Ingredients:
2 slices wheat bread2 oz deli turkey
2 tbsp mixed berry preserves (I used mine from the farmers market)
1 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedge
Directions:
Smear half of your cheese on one slice of bread, and the remainder on the other slice. Top each half with 1 tbsp of preserves, and place your turkey in the middle. Squeeze the halves together, and enjoy! :)I'll admit, I was very, VERY, skeptical of how this sandwich would turn out. However, I LOVED it! The flavor combination was great, and I can't wait to try other recipes with the preserves. Next time, I might try turning this into a panini, and having it warm and toasted. Total, my sandwich came out to be about 200 calories, and paired with a Honeycrisp apple, the meal total was 280. Have a great day! :)
<3 Stephanie

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment