Sunday, September 2, 2012

Farmers Market

My friend, Joanna, and I went to this farmers market on Saturday, and it was awesome! We went to each vendor, and sampled so much amazing food. When we made our second round, it was hard to narrow down what we wanted to buy. Some of the things I sampled included various types of goat cheese, salsa, hummus, preserves, and breads. I also tasted some fabulous cheesecake, Indian food, and tea. They had everything from coffee goat cheese, to chocolate and curry linguine, to pear and apple preserves, and pumpkin chocolate bread. And of course, tons of produce, soaps, lotions, etc. YUM!

I ended up buying Mango Salsa, Grandma's Hummus, Mixed Berry Preserves, and Spinach/Basil/Garlic Linguine. I plan to use half of the mango salsa for a recipe I'm trying later this week, and give the other half to my parents, along with the pasta. I plan to replace the hummus for my lunch sandwiches with this new one, and for the preserves, I also plan to use them for a new recipe.

I definitely plan on going back again, and will bring more money as well! I can't wait to visit again, but also want to try other local farmers markets as well. It was a wonderful morning spent with a great new friend, as well as yummy food. :) Support your locals!

<3 Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment